Dictionary of Islamic Terms.pdf
6. No explanation of terms has been given in this dictionary o n the
assumption that the user must know what the term refers to and that the
sole objective of this dictionary i s , t o give the synonym in the other
7. Minimal explanation of some terms has been given in cases of
semantic ambiguity or semantic multiplicity.
8. If an entry has several synonymous words, these words appear
unnumbered one under the other.
9. If an entry has several unsynonymous equivalents, they appear one
under the other with a serial number before each.
10. If a word,of an Arabic origin appears in English orthography, it is
written in italics.
I do ask God, the Most High, the Most Able, t o guide us to the
aight way. Amen.
Dr. Muhammad Ali Abdul Marim Alkhuli