diseased science .pdf
10. Walbot, V. 2009. Are we training pit bulls to review our manuscripts?
J. Biol. 8:24.1–24.3.
14. Casadevall, A., and F. C. Fang. 2013. Is the Nobel Prize good for
science? FASEB J. 27:4682– 4690.
11. Fang, F. C. 2008. On rejection. Infect. Immun. 76:1802–1803.
15. Casadevall, A., and F. C. Fang. 2009. Is peer review censorship? Infect.
12. Casadevall, A., and F. C. Fang. 2009. Mechanistic science. Infect. Immun. 77:3517–3519.
16. Casadevall, A., and F. C. Fang. 2012. Winner takes all. Sci. Am. 307:13.
13. San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment. http://am.ascb
17. Casadevall, A., and F. C. Fang. 2009. Important science—it’s all about
the SPIN. Infect. Immun. 77:4177– 4180.
of Mycobacteria Second Edition
Editors: Graham F. Hatfull and William R. Jacobs, Jr.
A comprehensive collection of perspectives by experts in mycobacterial
Written by leading experts in the field, Molecular Genetics of Mycobacteria, Second Edition,
· Discusses key areas of current research in mycobacterial genetic
· Explains the genetics of the physiology, metabolism, and drug sensitivities of M. tuberculosis
· Presents genetic approaches for manipulating M. tuberculosis
This book is an invaluable resource for anyone interested in the molecular genetics
and molecular biology of mycobacteria.
4FQ 2014. 8 pages, full-color illustrations, index.
List Price: $160 | ASM member price: $128
“Molecular Genetics of Mycobacteria is an extraordinary book. It includes chapters from
virtually every major scientific contributor to the genetic understanding of mycobacteria.
For anyone entering the field or seeking to learn about fundamental genetic and molecular
aspects of mycobacteria, this book is a necessity.“
- Barry R. Bloom, Harvard University Distinguished Service Professor and
Former Dean, Harvard School of Public Health
When you buy books directly from ASM Press, you support the society that supports the science of microbiology.
WEB: www.ASMscience.org | PHONE: 800-546-2416 | E-MAIL: email@example.com
©2014 American Society for Microbiology Press
Microbe—Volume 9, Number 10, 2014