Past Tense Exercise 20 .pdf
Nom original: Past_Tense_Exercise_20.pdfAuteur: Shelley Carpenter
Ce document au format PDF 1.5 a été généré par Microsoft® Office Word 2007, et a été envoyé sur fichier-pdf.fr le 24/04/2015 à 20:37, depuis l'adresse IP 105.99.x.x.
La présente page de téléchargement du fichier a été vue 505 fois.
Taille du document: 52 Ko (1 page).
Confidentialité: fichier public
Aperçu du document
●●●ReadTheory.Org © 2010
EnglishForEveryone.Org © 2008
Fill in the spaces with the correct form of the verb in past progressive tense.
Example: The guests (drink) were drinking lemonade on the veranda. They (enjoy)
were enjoying it very much.
Example: Chef Julian (bake) was baking a special cake; he (decorate) was decorating
it with silver and pink bows.
Example: The band (set) was setting up its equipment. The drums
(shine) were shining brightly.
1) Sarah and her husband (watch) _______ ________ the recital last
night. The sopranos (sing) ______ _______ first.
2) The clerk (put) _______ _______ wallets on the shelf yesterday. James (look)
______ _______ for a brown one.
3) The hedge (grow) _______ _______ very fast last summer, so it needed trimming
4) Our flight (leave) _______ _______ at five o'clock and we did not want to miss it.
5) The students at the college (wear) _______ _______ torn jeans in 2010.
6) Six children (hide) _______ _______ eggs at Easter; they (get) _______ _______
anxious for the Easter egg hunt to start. It started when the teacher blew the
7) The ship (bounce) _______ _______ on the waves. The wind (blow) _______
_______ harder each minute. The storm (scare) _______ _______ the passengers.
8) Eli (share) _______ _______ his toy trucks with William yesterday. They (race)
_______ _______ the orange truck against the blue one when the blue one crashed.
9) Tracy (fix) _______ _______ my computer Monday afternoon when she located
some new viruses.
10) You (spend) _______ _______ a lot of time on social networks last night. I
thought you (do) _______ _______ your homework!