Past Tense Exercise 22 .pdf
Nom original: Past_Tense_Exercise_22.pdfAuteur: Shelley Carpenter
Ce document au format PDF 1.5 a été généré par Microsoft® Office Word 2007, et a été envoyé sur fichier-pdf.fr le 24/04/2015 à 20:37, depuis l'adresse IP 105.99.x.x.
La présente page de téléchargement du fichier a été vue 595 fois.
Taille du document: 82 Ko (1 page).
Confidentialité: fichier public
Aperçu du document
●●●ReadTheory.Org © 2010
EnglishForEveryone.Org © 2008
Fill in the spaces with the correct form of the verb in past progressive tense.
Note: In this exercise, adverbs, like still, already, usually, frequently, slowly and
others—are used in past progressive verbs. An adverb tells us something more about
the action of the verb. It is said to "modify" the verb.
Example: Two turtles (slowly, cross) were slowly crossing the dusty road when we
1) When I was young, Grandma (usually, bake) _______ _______ _______ bread
on Monday mornings.
2) When he attended football games, Jack (always, wear) _______ _______
______ his team's colors.
3) Although you bought a beautiful new car, you (still, drive) _______ _______
_______ your old one when we saw you downtown.
4) When we arrived at the track meet, Juanita (already, run) _______
_______ _______ the 100-meter race.
5) Seagulls (frequently, steal) _______ _______ _______ from the
fishermen's nets as they pulled them in.
6) The Morgans (rarely, travel) _______ _______ _______ during the year they
remodeled their home.
7) Joyce (sometimes, make) _______ _______ _______pottery when the phone
rang, so she could not answer.
8) Jeff was resigned; his father (never, come) _______ _______ _______ back
9) The two roommates (normally, clean) _______ _______ _______ their apartment
on Saturday afternoons last semester.
10) As he sat by the sunny window, the novelist (quickly, write) _______ _______
_______ the first chapter of his new book.