BA additional units.pdf
Bolt Action Additional Units
Armies of the united states
INFANTRY SQUADS & TEAMS
VETERAN INFANTRY SQUAD
• Tank hunters (if anti-tank grenades taken).
• Tough fighters (if option is taken).
Due to the relatively short amount of time at the front, and
particularly because of the constant influx of replacements,
regular US infantry units never got quite as ‘seasoned’ as
those of some other countries that lacked the American
manpower, training and organisation. Nevertheless, some
regular Army units did fight on enough fronts to become true
veterans, like the famous Big Red One (1st Infantry Division), or
the ultra-decorated Nisei units, renowned for their courage
and stubbornness under fire.
• The Veteran Infantry Squad is an Infantry Squad for the purposes
of the generic Reinforced Platoon selector from the Bolt Action
rulebook. It is also an Infantry Squad for the following theatre
selectors of the Armies of the United States book: Operation
Husky; Operation Avalanche; Cassino; Anzio, the road to Rome;
Normandy; Operation Cobra; Operation Market Garden; Battle of
the Bulge; Bastogne; Operation Grenade; Rhineland.
Cost: 78pts (Veteran).
Composition: 1 NCO and 5 men.
Weapons: M1 Garand rifles
• Add up to 6 additional men with rifles for +13pts each.
• The NCO and up to three additional men can have submachine
guns instead of their rifles at a cost of +3pts each.
• Up to 2 men can have a BAR M1918A2 automatic rifle instead of a
rifle for +5pts each.
• The squad can be given anti-tank grenades for +2pts per man.
• Any veteran infantry squad can be Tough Fighters for +1 pt per man.
File updated: 15th January 2015