NMUN 2019 General Information .pdf
Nom original: NMUN 2019 - General Information.pdf
Ce document au format PDF 1.7 a été généré par / Foxit PhantomPDF Printer Version 184.108.40.2069, et a été envoyé sur fichier-pdf.fr le 28/09/2018 à 17:26, depuis l'adresse IP 81.240.x.x.
La présente page de téléchargement du fichier a été vue 170 fois.
Taille du document: 2.1 Mo (11 pages).
Confidentialité: fichier public
Télécharger le fichier (PDF)
Aperçu du document
NY National Model
United Nations – 2019
Info session – 28th September 2018
WHAT IS A MUN?
A simulation of the United Nations:
• A country to represent, allocated to each delegation … other
than their own state!
• In a specific committee (2 members of each delegation in
each committee: UNESCO, GA, etc.)
• A specific issue to tackle
• Purpose: the writing of a resolution (=set of
recommendations to « solve » the problem)
• How? Through negotitation with representatives of other
states … while respecting one’s own country’s position!
• Weekly meetings aiming to
prepare the delegates to a MUN,
through specific lessons
• Choice of Committees and partner
• Writing of a Position Paper (helped
by contacts within embassies)
• Participation in other MUN
simulations for training
• Finding Sponsors
• Team Building!
BEFORE THE SIMULATION
– LEARNING PROCESS
• Lesson 1: Negotiation with Avi Goldstein
• Lesson 2: Speeches!
• Lesson 3: Rules of procedure
• Lesson 4: How to write a resolution?
• Lesson 5: Training for a preparatory MUN … Let’s put the
theory into practice!
• Research about our country’s general information and
• Research about every proposed topic within each
• Writing of the Position Paper!
BEFORE THE SIMULATION
– A LITTLE MORE FUN…
• A project almost exclusively managed by students
• Introduction to the diplomatic world : Through
meetings at the represented country’s embassy,
conferences with diplomats, or lessons with
globally known experts
• Organization of activities aiming at raising funds…
• 2 teambuilding weekends, one per semester
• And through the entire process… building of strong
IN NEW YORK
o Flight : 500 euros Covered by Saint-Louis
o Housing: 800 euros
o Living expenses: about 400 euros
Even though delegates should be able to pay 1200 euros, the sponsors generally cover
the largest part of this amount.
o Arrival: 22th March 2019 (2 days of preparation before the start of the simulation)
o Simulation: 24 – 28th March 2019 (5 days, with a ball on the last night!)
o After the simulation: +- 7 days to visit the city, relax, and enjoy the nightlife
BUT possible for those who wish to go back home earlier to leave a few days before!
o Before and during the simulation: Sheraton Hilton (committee sessions + sleep) and
Opening or Closing Ceremony at the UN Headquarters
o After the simulation: Air BNB
1. Cover letter – Deadline: 4th October 2018
• Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your letter SHOULD NOT contain your name and surname,
only your email should (it has to be anonymous, or will be
• Should contain:
o What are you looking for in this NMUN project?
o What personal qualities/talents do you have that will
help you and your team succeed in this experience
given the charecteristics of the project?
o Do you have any specific experience in the international
2. Interview – 8th and 9th October 2018
3. Walking dinner – 10th October 2018
WHY SHOULD YOU
You will gain experience
relations, bilateral and
teamwork and project
The NMUN is, before everything
else, a unique human
experience: you will build strong
bonds with the other students of
your delegation, but not only:
you will make friends from all
over the worls as a member of
the MUN Community
It is time consuming but
both on the personal
and professional level
Lots of personal growth:
you will discover your
We insist on the fact that
the price is SHOULD NOT
discourage you, because we
will always find a solution
for any member of the